Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Little Something About Fanboys

I am not too big a fan of fanboys. No, that is not a comment about your gender. You can be a fanboy regardless of if you are female or male. I am a female. My name is Shandi. But, here is why I am not a fanboy: because I appreciate every brand, and most products, regardless of who manufactured it.

Technology is a beautiful thing. Fanboys like to ruin the experience by simply choosing one side over the other, regardless of the features another brand has to offer. It really is quite disgusting. There are Android fanboys and Apple fanboys, you know the type. But the type of people I am mostly speaking about are computer fanboys. I do not understand it.

Sure, there are some people -- like me, specifically -- that prefer a certain CPU brand (AMD) over another (Intel). But there are too many people that will only buy from a certain company, like AMD or Intel, over the other. And I do not understand why.

Both clearly have their pros and their cons. You can make the argument that the cons of one of these CPU manufacturers far outweigh the other, depending on which side you prefer. However, it is unreasonable to say that only one of the hardware manufacturers have all the benefits while the other is "complete garbage" or a waste of money.

If you are reading this and see a user on a thread, please try to contain the fanboy-ism. It is not polite and it is actually quite ignorant, if I must say anything absolutely harsh.

My little rant is over. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment